Bajan cassava pone is very delicious and delightful; that is the reason we are sharing this recipe with you. I hope that you will find this cassava pone as yummy as we did and enjoy following the recipe and making it your own.
4 cups grated cassava
1 cup grated coconut
1 cup cooked pumpkin (mashed)
1 ¼ cup white sugar
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
½ Tsp ground nutmeg
½ Tsp ground ginger
½ Tsp ground cardamom
¼ Tsp ground clove
1 ½ Cups softened butter
½ cup evaporated milk
1 cup coconut milk
1 Tsp baking powder (Optional)
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Tsp almond extract
1. Peel, wash and grate cassava.
2. Cook and cool pumpkin, then mash.
3. In a large bowl combine the cassava, pumpkin and coconut.
4. Add milk, sugar, spices. With a wooden spoon mix well to dissolve sugar.
5. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease baking dish.
7. Transfer mixture and place in the middle rack of oven.
8. Bake for 2 hours. The first hour at 325 degrees
9. In the last hour bake at 350 degrees until golden brown
10. The pone should be a sticky consistency