Barbados sweet potatoe pie is a favorite for many who love a sweet savory dish. Our love for sweet potatoes is evident in this recipe, if you want to learn why we love this food so much, try the recipe and give us your feedback. I guarantee if you love sweet potatoes, you will love this.
4 Lbs Sweet Potatoes (Peeled)
1 Cup Pineapple Chunks
½ Cup Butter
1 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 Tbsp Fresh Herbs
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Finely Chopped Onion
1 Minced Clove of Garlic
½ Cup Sugar (Optional)
Salt to Taste
1. Cook sweet potatoes in salted boiling water until soft.
2. Strain excess water off and add butter; mash slightly.
3. Add pineapple chunks, onions, herbs and garlic to the potatoes.
4. Slowly add pineapple juice, sugar and cinnamon and mash sweet potatoes thoroughly.
5. Sweet potato mash should be a smooth consistency.
6. Place mixture evenly into a baking dish and brush with melted butter.
7. Place pineapple rings onto the top and cherries into the middle of the rings
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 320-330 degrees until golden brown.